- 1 What is Hernando County known for?
- 2 Does Spring Hill Florida have a mayor?
- 3 Why are houses so cheap in Spring Hill Florida?
- 4 Is Hernando County Democrat or Republican?
- 5 Is Hernando FL a good place to live?
- 6 Is Spring Hill FL A good place to retire?
- 7 Is Spring Hill Florida safe to live?
- 8 Is Spring Hill Florida a safe place to live?
- 9 Does Spring Hill Florida get hurricanes?
- 10 What is the cost of living in Spring Hill Florida?
- 11 What is in Spring Hill FL?
What is Hernando County known for?
Hernando County was established in 1843 and named in honor of Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto. Now known as Florida’s Adventure Coast, our freshwater rivers and springs, state forests and preserves and Gulf waters provide opportunities for many land and water adventures for residents and tourists.
Does Spring Hill Florida have a mayor?
Rick Graham will continue to serve as Spring Hill’s mayor. Graham, 60, has been mayor since 2013 and is a former Ward 3 alderman. He is the district manager for SAGE Dining, a provider of dining services to independent schools.
Why are houses so cheap in Spring Hill Florida?
spring hill is so cheap is due to the known sinkhole activities!
Is Hernando County Democrat or Republican?
Politics. Hernando County has been trending towards the Republican party in the 21st century.
Is Hernando FL a good place to live?
Hernando is a small, quiet town that is perfect for raising a family! I have lived here for 13 years now and I wouldn’t trade my son’s upbringing for anything. There is nothing fun, no bells or whistles, just a small town. There is not much infrastructure.
Is Spring Hill FL A good place to retire?
Spring Hill Florida is one of the northernmost retirement communities on Florida’s (west) Gulf Coast. Spring Hill offers many pleasant places to live, although its central corridor, U.S. 19 is an unending series of strip malls and chain stores. The 2010 population was 99,000, up 43% from 2000.
Is Spring Hill Florida safe to live?
Spring Hill is in the 73rd percentile for safety, meaning 27% of cities are safer and 73% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Spring Hill is 18.57 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Spring Hill generally consider the south part of the city to be the safest.
Is Spring Hill Florida a safe place to live?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Spring Hill is 1 in 64. Based on FBI crime data, Spring Hill is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Florida, Spring Hill has a crime rate that is higher than 41% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Does Spring Hill Florida get hurricanes?
Springhill, FL is in a very high risk hurricane zone. 53 hurricanes have been recorded in the Springhill, FL since 1930. The largest hurricane was Georges in 1998. The most recent Springhill, FL hurricane was Lee in 2011.
What is the cost of living in Spring Hill Florida?
Spring Hill cost of living is 93.7
|COST OF LIVING||Spring Hill||Florida|
|Median Home Cost||$167,400||$237,100|
What is in Spring Hill FL?
Top Attractions in Spring Hill
- Wildlife Survival Sanctuary. Nature & Wildlife Areas • Zoos.
- Alfred McKethan Pine Island Park. 330.
- Bayport Park. 149.
- Nature Coast Botanical Gardens & Nursery. 113.
- Linda Pedersen Park. Parks.
- Crews Lake Wilderness Park. Parks.
- Weekiwachee Preserve.
- Strong Tower Vineyard.