- 1 What celebrities live in Bakersfield?
- 2 What are the bad parts of Bakersfield?
- 3 Is Bakersfield a bad place to live?
- 4 Why are homes in Bakersfield so cheap?
- 5 Who is the richest person in Bakersfield CA 2020?
- 6 What is Bakersfield famous for?
- 7 What is so bad about Bakersfield?
- 8 How bad is crime in Bakersfield?
- 9 How dangerous is Bakersfield?
- 10 Is Bakersfield a good place to live 2020?
- 11 Is Bakersfield the worst place to live in California?
- 12 Is Bakersfield the worst place in California?
- 13 Is Bakersfield a cheap place to live?
- 14 Why does Bakersfield stink?
- 15 Is it expensive to live in Bakersfield CA?
What celebrities live in Bakersfield?
Top 5 Celebrities from Bakersfield, CA
- Robert Beltran. As a Mexican American actor, Robert Adame Beltran is well known for his roles as Commander Chakotay on Star Trek: Voyager and as Raoul in Paul Bartel’s film Eating Raoul.
- Merle Haggard.
- Sunny Johnson.
- Jerry Quarry.
- Derek Mears.
What are the bad parts of Bakersfield?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Bakersfield, CA
- Lakeview. Population 9,387. 330 %
- East Bakersfield. Population 15,785. 213 %
- Rio Bravo. Population 183. 207 %
- Southgate. Population 7,151. 112 %
- Amberton. Population 1,223. 83 %
- Quailwood. Population 1,321. 70 %
- Homaker Park. Population 5,292. 60 %
- Benton Park. Population 9,376. 45 %
Is Bakersfield a bad place to live?
Bakersfield is a high crime area with the overall crime rate being 54% higher than the US average. The probability of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is 1 in 22. With a crime rate of 46 per 1000 residents, Bakersfield has one of the highest crime rates among communities in the entire country.
Why are homes in Bakersfield so cheap?
It also doesn’t have the income earning potential for most people (although your girlfriend will be an exception because she can work just about anywhere and make good money). Therefore, the demand for houses in Bakersfield is not as strong as other places and the home prices are lower.
Who is the richest person in Bakersfield CA 2020?
Buck Owens is the richest person in Bakersfield — so reports Worth magazine in its March 2002 profile of the 100 richest people in America’s 100 largest cities.
What is Bakersfield famous for?
Bakersfield is famous for being the home of country music singers Merle Haggard and Buck Owens, and has the nickname “the country music capital of the West Coast.” This is a result of the large number of Dust Bowl refugees that settled in the area.
What is so bad about Bakersfield?
There’s a lot of pollution. Bakersfield is a big oil company town, and the air quality here is notoriously bad. There are tons of different stores, shopping outlets, bars, and plenty of things to do. You need a car to get around, as there is no suitable public transportation to get you around the city.
How bad is crime in Bakersfield?
The 2019 crime rate in Bakersfield, CA is 368 (City-Data.com crime index), which is 1.4 times greater than the U.S. average. It was higher than in 89.6% U.S. cities. The 2019 Bakersfield crime rate fell by 3% compared to 2018.
How dangerous is Bakersfield?
ranked Bakersfield as the No. 35 worst cities to drive. During this 10-year period, 53,435 people were hit and killed by drivers. In 2019, the 6,237 people struck and killed is the equivalent of more than 17 deaths per day.
Is Bakersfield a good place to live 2020?
The annual report is based on the quality of life, desirability, job market, value and housing. Bakersfield came in at 124 out of 125 cities, and while people may think that’s a bad thing, the annual report highlights what the city has to offer.
Is Bakersfield the worst place to live in California?
A study conducted by Diversity Data Kids found that Bakersfield is in the top 50 worst places to live in the United States. It ranked in the last position of all metro areas in terms of children’s opportunities, and approximately 12 percent of families live in poverty.
Is Bakersfield the worst place in California?
Bakersfield was designated the worst place in the nation for child opportunity, with more than 20% of families living in poverty; 12% of workers commuting at least two hours each day and nearly a quarter of public school teachers with less than three years of professional experience, according to the study.
Is Bakersfield a cheap place to live?
Study ranks Bakersfield as nation’s most affordable place to live.
Why does Bakersfield stink?
Oil fields make up most of the view from the top of the bluffs, and the scent of petroleum is often detectable around the city. Freight trains hauling oil rumble through the city, and its many refineries billow smoke into the air. Bakersfield and surrounding Kern County are the unlucky nexus of this pollution.
Is it expensive to live in Bakersfield CA?
Cost of Living in Bakersfield, California by Expense Category. Bakersfield’s housing expenses are 11% lower than the national average and the utility prices are 36% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 17% higher than the national average.